Yuva parivartan (yp)
FIELD OF INTERVENTION
Inclusion of out-of-school youth through skills training and employment.
India: Mumbai (Head Office); Centers spread across 17 states
NUMBER OF YOUTH ON BOARD
Over 650,000 youth since 1998
Mahesh Ranade - Chief Executive Officer
Yuva Parivartan (YP) is one of the largest NGOs in India focused on giving school dropout youth a second chance through skills training and providing livelihoods.
Yuva Parivartan is a collective effort of transformers, visionaries, corporates and benefactors. An NGO which was cradled in the Kherwadi region of Bandra, in Mumbai, is now brimming with endless energy and has spread across the entire nation. In the 19 years of its existence, Yuva Parivartan has shown a tremendous growth. The parent center has now branched out to over 650 centers across 17 states of India which includes 67 Livelihood Development Centres, more than 200 Partnership Centres, 5 Jail Centres and over 3000 mobile rural camps. As one of the largest NGOs in the livelihood space in India that works for the “out of school” youth, we strongly believe that the nation’s strength and future lies in the hands of its youth. Unlike the developed countries where 90% youth opt for some or the other sort of vocational training, less than 5% undergo vocational training in our country despite the fact that India is a country with the largest youth population.
At Yuva Parivartan, we run the only inclusive program in India. The key features of the program are:
• Admission to anyone who can read and write with no formal education
• Focus on hands-on vocational training (70% practical & 30% theory)
• Soch Ka Parivartan (SKP) - a proprietary program for attitudinal change and life skills training such as decision making, time management, money management, values & perception, health & hygiene, work readiness etc.
• Enabling courses in English Speaking and Basic Computer skills
• Community Engagement, Counselling and Mentoring
• Job placements and assistance for self-employment
We adopt a holistic approach of enhancing the less fortunate youth with vocational skills, guidance, counselling and financial assistance. Annually, we empower more than 100,000 youth of which over 60% are gainfully employed including those that take a bigger leap of becoming an entrepreneur. At Yuva Parivartan, we aim to continue growing and mentoring other local NGOs and like-minded organizations to deliver the YP model of livelihood training to achieve a Pan India presence.
> Job Openings:
> Skills training and entrepreneurship